Monday 27 March 2017

Epidose 28 - Death To Ming!

There are several really interesting clocks in Berlin.  I've never been myself, but horology is an abiding interest.  At the intersection of sciences between horology and botany, we find the dandelion clock, which the French call pissenlit.  The English name also stems from French, dents de lion; the lion's teeth.  Two lions killed and ate 135 Kenyan railway workers, over a nine-month period in 1898.  It is posited that they may have been suffering from extremely bad toothache.

Listen Now.

I have never killed and eaten any lions.  I'm far too busy - mostly listening to folk song recordings from the early 1950s:

  • Sir John Betjeman - The Arrest Of Oscar Wilde At The Cadogan Hotel
  • Trans Am - Mr. Simmons
  • Rick Potts - Sausage In A Bottle
  • LAShTAL - Ballata No. 7
  • Wallace House - I'm Seventeen Cum Sunday
  • Sadistic Mika Band - Nanika Ga Um
  • Jo'Burg Hawk - War Talk

You can email me at gcuesoterica@gmail.com.  You won't, of course.  But you can.

Twenty minutes. No refunds.

No comments:

Post a Comment